The Cushion Brushes criss-cross pattern around the edge creates volume while the center channel of natural fiber bristles creates airflow for faster blowdries and ultimate shine.
Ultimate Shine & Control
Volume where you want it. Tension where you need it.
100% natural fiber bristles
Weight: 3.6 oz (102 grams)
Natural fiber bristles keep the cuticle smooth for maximum shine.
Natural fiber bristles absorb and redistribute hair oils from the root to smooth the hair.
Nylon bristles penetrate for detangling.
Ceramic ionic barrel promotes shine and faster blowdries.
Patented configuration of nylon and natural fiber bristles gives better control, with edge bristles for fine details.
Criss-cross pattern of the outer ring gives height at the base to create volume.
Center channel creates movement and airflow for faster blowdries.
Easy to hold, lightweight design with a soft-touch grip and a seamless handle.
In use on the hair, nylon fibers are sharp to the touch.
• Nylon fibers will soften as soon as hot air from the hairdryer starts to hit them. However, nylon fibers are indeed sharper than other options, but nylon fibers were chosen intentionally for the purpose of detangling and reaching through the hair to the scalp. Nick chose to have the tips dulled/flattened in manufacturing, rather than covering the sharp tips with paint, because painted tips can crack and come off, thereby exposing the sharp tip beneath.
• To soften the nylon fibers, slightly heat the brush before use.
In use on the hair or during cleaning, the bristles fall out or break.
• Natural fiber is used for a more gentle and natural interaction with the hair. Natural boar bristle fibers behave like natural hair and are more delicate and pliable compared to plastic or synthetic fiber. Tension is created with the extreme density of natural fiber and with the movement of hair through the placement of these fibers. Nick designed these brushes purposefully with the highest density possible of natural boar fibers to provide incredible shine and smoothing during use.
• Some of the natural fibers will fall out over time. The amount of fibers lost is impacted by how vigorously the brush is used and cleaned. Because natural fiber acts like human hair, it swells when exposed to water or chemicals. If the hair or fibers are very wet during styling, the bristles may break or fray more easily.
• To smooth the natural boar fibers back into place, gently comb with a wide-tooth comb.
During cleaning, Barbicide gets stuck inside the brush and takes too long to dry out.
• Nick Stenson CURIOUS brushes should never be dipped or soaked in Barbicide liquid for cleaning. Natural boar fiber behaves in similar ways as human hair and therefore will absorb, dissipate and interact with liquids and chemicals, much like our hair does. Barbicide will cause damage to natural fiber, especially if left in the liquid for long periods of time, because it absorbs the chemical liquid.
• To get the most out of the life of your brush it’s important to frequently remove dead hair, skin cells and grease. Dry clean your brush frequently by loosening any hair strands with a wide-tooth comb.
• Disinfect your Nick Stenson CURIOUS brushes with one of these three methods:
Method 1: Dip a comb in soapy, lukewarm water. Hold the brush with the pad pointing downwards and brush the bristles. Shake the brush to remove excess water and place the brush to dry with the handle pointing upwards.
Method 2: Use a spray-on disinfectant on the surface and leave to dry.
Method 3: Use an Ultrasonic cleaning device.